2 years, 4 months ago Robyn TreyvaudMember
1. Download the app onto your devices from the App Store or Google Play.
2. On the ‘parental device’ (the device you wish to use as the central control device) proceed to open the app and enter your email. Note: you should also receive an email from Family Insights prompting you to confirm your email. Verifying your email confirms that you have entered your details correctly.
3. Proceed to register yourself as a user. To do this enter:
c.Your child’s name (to add more than one child’s name select the + button)
Note: Personal data entered into this section of the app will only be used to administer your account. Data captured during the use of the application is used for behavioural analysis as per the service. Data is never shared with third parties, with the exception of anonymous network data used for research purposes. Data captured comprises timestamps, IP-addresses, data volume and GPS.
4. Once you’ve completed the previous steps, you’ll be taken through a short tutorial of the app. You can skip this tutorial at any time.
5. Repeat this step on each device. Make sure to set devices the child is using to ‘child monitoring mode’ in the app settings. You’ll see that this enables the VPN and starts the real-time monitoring process.
6. Real-time data should now begin to accumulate within the app. To make sure you are getting accurate data, however, confirm that the ‘parental device’ is in parent mode, and the ‘child’s device’ (the device being monitored) is in child’s mode. You might also benefit from checking that your child’s device has been configured correctly.
The topic ‘How to Set Up Family Insights App on Your Devices’ is closed to new replies.